IMPORTANT INFORMATION *MUST READ*
Please note that my health, along with my family’s health is my first priority while working from home. We appreciate you being honest and cautious, especially during this pandemic. Like always, our cancellation policy takes into consideration illnesses and the fee will be waived in the event that you need to cancel due to being ill. Due to the extra precautions and time it takes to disinfect between clients, I will only be doing 60+ minute treatments at this time. Online booking is now available. Please note this is a trial schedule as we are still figuring out our little one's routine. The schedule online goes until August 31st and will be reassessed in July. Please only book appointments according to the frequency of your treatment plan. Multiple bookings outside of your treatment plan won't be accepted.
Being opened during a pandemic comes with many new mandatory requirements which have been issued by the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario and the MOH. It is very important that you read through these carefully.
- You must inform me if you have traveled outside of Canada in the past 14 days, have been to a COVID-19 impacted area, have been in close contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19 OR anyone with acute respiratory symptoms, or if you are experiencing any symptoms yourself.
- You must reschedule your massage if you are experiencing ANY of the following symptoms: fever, new onset of cough, worsening chronic cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing or swallowing, sore throat, decrease of loss of sense of taste or smell, chills, headaches, unexplained fatique/malaise/muscle aches (myalgias), nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, pink eye (conjunctivitis), runny nose or nasal congestion without other known cause.
- You must wear a clean disposable or reusable mask before entering the building and you are required to keep it on at all times. Please bring your own mask or I will not be able to provide treatment.
- You must complete the COVID-19 pre-screening. This will be available to you through your reminder email, which is sent out 48 hours prior to your appointment. There will be a red link that says "YES I WILL BE THERE" that will lead you to the questionnaire.
- You must perform proper hand hygiene when entering and leaving the building.
- You must stay in your car and wait for my phone call when arriving to your appointment. At that time I will screen you again to ensure that your COVID-19 status has not changed. If you have passed the screening, I will meet you outside the front door.
It is recommended that you arrive alone and bring as little with you as possible.
When leaving, please keep your mask on. Sanitize your hands on your way out and properly dispose of your mask once you have left the premises.
Some other changes to note:
- I will be wearing a surgical/procedure mask at all times.
- Additional cleaning and disinfecting practices will be implemented after each client.
- Items that are frequently shared or difficult to clean (heating pads) have been removed from the treatment area.
- Individual hand towels have been added to the washroom and must be tossed into the basket after each use.
- Pregnancy pillows cannot be used since they cannot be wiped clean with disinfectant. For this reasoning, vinyl pillows will be used for side-lying treatment during this time.
Thank you all for your understanding and cooperation.
Amanda Cunic, RMT
This private home-based clinic is located in the beautiful town of Petawawa, Ontario. With a dedicated office and treatment room, this clinic brings comfort to every client walking in the doors.
We have a friendly dog and cat on site. If you have any concerns, please contact me so I can make your experience comfortable and stress-free.
Business Owner/ RMT / Yoga Instructor
Amanda made the move to Petawawa in 2014 after living in Caledon her whole life, a rural town North-West of Toronto. She spends her free time working out at DDH, walking her dog, and spending time with her husband and daughter.
Amanda attended Georgian College in Barrie, Ontario from 2010-2012 and achieved an Advertising Diploma. Shortly after, she realized her fascination with the human body and its healing process. She became a Certified Yoga Instructor and fell in love with learning about human anatomy and movement. She continued attending Georgian College from 2012-2014 and graduated with an Advanced Diploma in Massage Therapy. She has been a Registered Massage Therapist with the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario (CMTO) since 2015. Completing a pregnancy outreach in 2013 drew Amanda towards prenatal massage therapy. She has since completed continuing education courses in Myofascial Release Therapy, Cupping Therapy, and Hot Stone Therapy.
It is important to note that Massage Therapy is a part of your self care routine, not a whole. Movement and a proper home-care routine throughout your week is very crucial to your general health. As a therapist, my goal is to find the cause of your symptoms, and aid in your healing process. With an outcome based approach, I will help treat the cause and symptoms and give you a home care routine to do on your own between your appointments. With an outcome-based approach to treatment, my goal is always to get you to maintenance and improve your general wellness. Together, we will focus on your specific treatment goals in order to get you there.
WHAT WE OFFER
Prenatal & Postpartum Massage
Myofascial Release Therapy
Relaxation & Therapeutic Massage
Prenatal and postpartum massage (newborns welcome!)
Massage during these stages of your pregnancy can aid with lymphatic drainage (reducing swelling), postural changes, circulation, back pain, and general physical discomforts. It is your choice whether you'd like to be treated in a side lying position or face down, using a comfortable, supportive pregnancy belly pillow. If you've had a c-section and the wound has healed, scar tissue massage can be done to break up adhesions. Your children are always welcome to sit in on your massage if you do not have childcare arranged.
Corrective massage therapy
This massage treatment is used to counteract muscle imbalances that result from chronic postural habits. These habits can arise from work (example: desk workers), nursing a child, or even a long daily commute. Rather than just massaging the area of symptoms, the goal is to assess the cause and treat those areas as well. In each treatment we dive into using deep breathing techniques, soft tissue manipulation, mind-body awareness, myofascial release therapy, mobility, and strengthening and stretching education. Corrective massage can be helpful for those experiencing headaches and migraines, chronic pain, neck and shoulder tension, sciatic pain, SI joint pain, scar tissue restrictions, and general muscular imbalances.